Yamaha Rhino 700 EFI 4×4
Yamaha Motor Corp., U.S.A., has unveiled its lineup of 2011 Rhino 700 FI Side-by-Side vehicles, which will begin arriving at dealerships during the summer of 2010.
“Yamaha’s leading Rhino continues to hold the top spot as the toughest, most off-road capable and versatile, as well as the all-time best selling, SxS vehicle,” Yamaha says in a release.
Originally launched in 2003, the Rhino helped bring about major interest in side-by-side vehicles. With nearly a decade of experience and updates, the Rhino continues to be among the class leaders and has received a bundle of best-in-class wards from the off-road, hunting, and farming communities.
For the 2011 model, Yamaha has given the Rhino a new steering wheel and adjustable seat belt, both designed to provide more rider comfort in off-road conditions. New to the Rhino line is a White Armor Sport Edition that features fully adjustable piggyback shocks, one-piece cast aluminum wheels, injection-molded sun top, over fenders, Baja-inspired front carry bar, and a special graphics treatment. The Sport model also comes with dealer-installed LED tail lights, custom shift knob and black bed rails.
The 700-class powerplant is optimized for the Rhino with a liquid-cooled, four-valve SOHC engine providing plenty of torque to tackle rough terrain. Helping manage that power is the Yamaha Fuel Injection system, which enhances its performance at high elevation and in cooler conditions.
Additionally, the Rhino engine features a forged piston designed to add durability and an aluminum cylinder body with ceramic composite coating for decreased weight, increased cooling ability and additional wear resistance. The roller rocker arms, according to Yamaha, lessen friction in the valve train reducing wear and increasing durability while providing improved throttle response and better overall off-road performance.
Yamaha’s reliable Ultramatic automatic transmission system features a centrifugal clutch that allows the drive belt to remain under constant tension providing another key point of durability. As well, a one-way sprag clutch provides four-wheel engine braking.
Adding to the Rhino’s rough terrain handling is the On-Command 2WD/4WD system with differential lock that gives the driver options with the push of a button. The Rhino 700 FI has an impressive 12.1 inches of ground clearance, and its fully adjustable and fully independent front and rear dual A-arm suspension offers more than 7.3 inches of travel.
The Rhino also features large axles and CV joints to best accommodate its engine power. Front and rear A-arm guards prevent sticks and debris from getting to the boots, but should something find a way past the guards, the CV boot material is tough and resistant to most impacts.
The Rhino 700 FI comes with a number of standard extras and creature comforts, and Yamaha offers more than 100 official accessories for the Rhino line. As with all previous models, the 2011 Rhino features a U.S. OSHA and ISO 3471 compliant roll over protection structure (ROPS). Its 12-volt accessory outlet easily receives a GPS device, spotlight or even a cell phone charger. The Rhino has padded bucket seats with headrests for both driver and passenger, and a digital meter is standard on the Rhino 700 FI providing self diagnostic capabilities for easy troubleshooting, a voltage meter for monitoring battery condition, and an hour meter function that operates only while the engine is running for more accurate servicing. The digital LCD multi-function display meter also features a speedometer, odometer, dual trip meter, clock, fuel gauge and gear position display.
The Rhino 700 FI also comes standard with passenger grab handles and cup holders, as well as rotomolded doors to keep mud, water and trail debris out of the cab. Helping keep passengers clean and keeping cabin noise to a minimum is the noise and dust shield located behind the seats. The under-hood, tools-free air filter is another added convenience.
Additionally, the Rhino features a standard two-inch receiver and is capable of towing up to 1,212 pounds while the cargo bed is capable of carrying 400 pounds. The cargo bed features an assisted dump function with tilt levers on both sides of the bed.
The 2011 Yamaha Rhino will be available in Hunter Green, Red and the Sport Edition White Armor.
- Comfortable interior with automotive-type controls: Stylish steering wheel, left-side foot brake pedal/right-side foot accelerator pedal, centermounted console shifter and parking brake lever, turn-to-start ignition switch, indicator lights and 12-volt accessory outlet.
- 686cc liquid/oil-cooled, four-stroke engine and light weight add up to an excellent power-to-weight ratio and great performance.
- Industry-exclusive fully automatic Ultramatic® transmission with dual-range (Hi/Lo) drive and reverse is the most advanced drive system available. Maintaining constant belt tension reduces wear, gives great throttle response and provides industry exclusive all-wheel downhill engine braking.
- Industry-exclusive three-position On-Command® In/Out 4WD feature lets you switch between 2WD, limited-slip 4WD and fully locked differential 4WD— all with the simple push of a button.
- Fully independent four-wheel suspension: double wishbones front and rear deliver 7.3 inches of wheel travel and 12.1 inches of ground clearance; five-way preload-adjustable shocks provide maximum tire contact and amazing comfort while navigating rough terrain.
- Thick bucket seats and that great long-travel suspension system work together to provide the smoothest ride in the industry.
- Designed, engineered, and assembled in the USA.
- 686cc engine puts out a broad powerband. Four-valve head with 9.2:1 compression bumps power and efficiency.
- Electronic fuel injection ensures peak performance in nearly all conditions and elevations, along with instantaneous cold starts.
- Four-wheel disc brakes provide unsurpassed stopping power, and the parking brake is super-convenient.
- Dual-range (Hi/Lo) drive with reverse taps into more pulling power in low and more performance in high.
- Console-mounted dual-range (H/L/N/R) shift lever provides positive Ultramatic® transmission operation.
- Sealed drive case keeps out water and debris, and a hand-operated side cover drain lets out what little gets in.
- Specially designed full stainless-steel exhaust system features aluminum heat shields and a screen-type spark arrestor for superb power characteristics with minimum noise output.
- Large-capacity aluminum radiator and oil cooler with fan-assist delivers maximum cooling efficiency and is positioned high in the frame for optimal protection.
- Specially designed drive system air intake vent helps prevent overheating and keeps water and mud from entering the drive case.
- Steel frame is lightweight and features outstanding durability with superior rigidity for superb handling.
- Light, responsive rack-and-pinion steering features a fully sealed steering column and double U-jointed steering linkage for smooth operation and class-leading turning radius—even in 4WD.
- 12.1-inch ground clearance delivers maximum underbelly protection while enhancing terrain ability.
- Low-maintenance front shaft drive features gear case and electronic servo-activated 2WD/4WD/Diff Lock via the On-Command® system. Direct rear shaft drive eliminates the U-joint for greater durability and more efficient power transfer at all rpm.
- Heavy-duty CV joint guards protect against rock and debris damage.
- Standard center-mounted, heavy-duty 2-inch receiver-style hitch can tow more than 1200 pounds.
- Tough, rotomolded doors keep mud, water and dirt on the trail where they belong.
- Stamped steel dump bed is rated to haul 400 pounds of gear, with a latch that opens from either side.
- Aggressive Maxxis® tires offer great traction, longer life and a comfortable ride.
- Equipped with two cup holders for even greater creature comfort.
- Digital instrument panel boasts multifunction LCD display with speedometer, odometer, dual trip meter, hour meter, 4WD status, transmission position, clock and fuel gauge.
- Integrated, easy-to-read fuel gauge makes it easy to keep track of your fuel supply.
- Large, specially designed seats are extra plush and supportive for all-day driver and passenger comfort.
- Dual 30-watt multi reflector Krypton bulb headlights with high/ low beams feature stylishly sleek cat-eye design; dual 5-watt/ 21-watt tail/brake lights.
- Large, 7.9-gallon fuel tank allows for long rides.
- Maintenance-free battery provides power, even in cold weather.
- Cool, comfortable steering wheel and passenger grab handles.
- Assembled in Newnan, GA, USA.
Direct link: 2011 Yamaha Rhino 700 EFI 4×4
Yamaha Rhino 700 Specifications:
|Type||686cc liquid-cooled w/fan, 4-stroke; SOHC, 4 valves|
|Bore x Stroke||102.0 x 84.0mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI) , 41mm|
|Ignition||32 Bit ECU|
|Transmission||Yamaha Ultramatic® V-belt with all-wheel engine braking/H, L, N, R|
|Drive Train||Yamaha On-Command® pushbutton;3-way locking differential; 2WD,4WD, locked 4WD; shaft drive|
|Suspension / Front||Independent double wishbone; 5-way preload adjustment, 7.3-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Independent double wishbone; 5-way preload adjustment, 7.3-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Dual hydraulic disc, twin piston|
|Brakes / Rear||Dual hydraulic disc|
|Tires / Front||AT25x8-12 NHS|
|Tires / Rear||AT25x10-12 NHS|
|L x W x H||113.6 x 56.6 x 73 in|
|Turning Radius||153.5 in|
|Ground Clearance||12.1 in|
|Fuel Capacity||7.9 gal|
|Wet Weight||1199 lb|
|Bed Capacity||400 lb|
|Towing Capacity||1212 lb|
|Instrumentation||Digital LCD Multifunction display; speedo, odo, dual trip, hour, clock, fuel, and gear position|
|Lighting||Dual 30W Krypton multi-reflector headlights & dual 21/5W brakelight|
|Warranty||6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)|
Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A., (YMUS), a leader in the motorsports market, makes the toughest, most capable and versatile ATV and Side-by-Side vehicles. The company’s ever-expanding product offerings also include motorcycles, outboard motors, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, outdoor power equipment, race kart engines, accessories, apparel and much more. YMUS products are sold through a nationwide network of dealers in the United States.
Headquartered in Cypress, Calif., since its incorporation in 1976, Yamaha also has facilities in Wisconsin and Georgia, as well as factory operations in Tennessee and Georgia. For more information on Yamaha, visit www.yamaha-motor.com.