by Jon Crowley on 05/01/14 at 9:44 am
Polaris RZR is the No. 1 line of recreational side-by-sides on the market with a diverse line up including trail, high performance and multi-passenger options with the ultimate combination of power, suspension and agility. Today, Polaris extends the product line by introducing the new RZR XP 1000 Dakar Limited Edition (exclusively sold in international dealerships)!
RZR XP 1000 Dakar Limited Edition offers hundreds of dollars of add-ons over the standard RZR XP 1000 for incredible visual appeal and enhanced rider comfort. The blue, white and black custom graphics package was inspired by the two-time, T-3 Category, Dakar Rally Champion RZR. The vehicle also sports the world famous Dakar Rally Tuareg logo, Voodoo Blue painted suspension springs and Walker Evans Shocks, and a premium accessories package featuring custom color-matched cut & sew seats, a low profile front bumper, spare Maxxis Bighorn tire and mount, and an aluminum roof. This Limited Edition is built to battle the world’s most unforgiving terrains in style.
With only 206 units being built, this model is a true limited edition, and will be exclusively sold in international dealerships starting in December 2013. In addition to launching the RZR XP 1000 Dakar Limited Edition, Polaris is also partnering with Xtreme Plus Racing as they fight for their third consecutive T-3 Class Dakar Rally victory.
Polaris RZR XP 1000 Dakar Edition Specifications:
- Engine Type – 4-Stroke DOHC Twin Cylinder
- Displacement – 999 cc
- Fuel System – Electronic Fuel Injection
- Cooling – Liquid
- Transmission / Final Drive – Automatic PVT P/R/N/L/H; Shaft
- Drive – System – On-Demand True AWD/2WD
- Engine Braking System/Active Descent Control – Not Equipped
- Front Suspension – Dual A-Arm Walker Evans 2″ Needle Shocks (comp adjust/res.) 16″ (40.6 cm) Travel
- Rear Suspension – Trailing Arm Walker Evans 2.5″ Needle Shocks (comp adjust/ remote res.) 18″ (45.7 cm) Travel
- Front / Rear Brakes – 4-Wheel Hydraulic Disc with Dual-Bore Front & Rear Calipers
- Parking Brake – Park in Transmission
Tires and Wheels
- Front Tires – 29 x 9-14; Maxxis Bighorn
- Rear Tires – 29 x 11-14; Maxxis Bighorn
- Wheels – Cast Aluminum
Dimensions / Capacities
- Wheelbase – 90″ ( 228.6 cm)
- Dry Weight – 1,379 lbs (625.5 kg)
- Overall Vehicle Size (L x W x H) – 119″ x 64″ x 73.75″ (302.2 x 162.6 x 187.3 cm)
- Ground Clearance – 13.5″ (34.3 cm)
- Seat Height – N.A.
- Fuel Capacity – 9.5 gal (36 L)
- Bed Box Dimensions (L x W x H) – 28 x 22 x 7″ (72 x 57 x 17.8 cm)
- Front/Rear Rack or Box Capacity – N.A./300 lb (136.1 kg)
- Payload Capacity – 740 lb (335.6 kg)
- Hitch Towing Rating – N.A.
- Unbraked Trailer Towing Capacity – N.A.
- Hitch/Type – None
- Cargo System – Lock & Ride
- Lighting – White LED, High/Low & Red LED Tail / Brake Lights
- Electronic Power Steering – Standard
- Instrumentation – Digital Gauge: Speedometer, Odometer, Tripmeter, Tachometer, Coolant Temperature, Volt Meter, Hour Meter, Service Indicator, Clock, Gear Indicator, Fuel Gauge, Hi-Temp Light, Seatbelt Reminder Light; DC Outlet
- Polaris to Publicly Unveil New RZR XP 1000 at DuneFest
- Polaris RZR XP 1000 – First Ride Review
- 2014 Polaris RZR XP 1000 Key Features at a Glance
- Polaris Introduces a RZR Beyond Compare
- RZR XP 1000 Rock Crawling Review
- Polaris Team Chases Third Consecutive Win at the 2014 Dakar Rally