by Jon Crowley on 05/10/10 at 8:31 pm
The Jet Ski® Ultra® 300X is just the thing for you power junkies out there. This, the most powerful Jet Ski ever built, packs 300 horsepower1 and its deep-V hull offers both stability and cornering performance. Not only is the 300X a great performer, but it also packs the things you need thanks to its 54-gallon storage bin under the front cowl.
As befits Kawasaki’s top-shelf performer, the Ultra 300X has been thoroughly redesigned for 2011, from nose to jet pump and everything in between. Power and thrust are key ingredients in the Ultra 300X package, and the thoroughly massaged, 1,498cc inline-four DOHC engine supports that recipe like no other. The big news for 2011 is the use of an all-new supercharger, one that’s two steps beyond the abilities of the roots-type unit fitted to previous X-model Jet Ski watercraft. Roots-type superchargers are known as fixed-displacement units, which produce large quantities of boost at all rpm levels, even right off idle, for a flat torque curve and usable, step-free power across the rev range.
Besides the all-new and high-tech supercharger, there’s new technology in the form of Kawasaki’s Electronic Throttle Valve system. Thanks to this system, the 300X boasts a range of riding modes, including the Smart Learning Operation mode, which allows newer riders to become familiar with the 300X at a more relaxed pace. This is done via separate keys that dictate power to the ECU.
Hard to believe, but revised ergonomics improve comfort significantly over the already plush 260X. The handlebar remains five-way adjustable to fit a range of riders and riding styles, with grips positioned nearly an inch wider to accommodate all-new handlebar switch assemblies.
- Class-shattering 300 horsepower1 for truly impressive performance
- Strong, light, deep-V hull offers both stability and great cornering performance
- Massive, industry-leading storage capacity lets you bring your gear with you
- Largest fuel tank in class keeps the fun going longer
- Five-position adjustable handlebars accommodates a variety of riders
- Separate keys
2011 JET SKI® ULTRA® 300X
REDESIGNED FIBERGLASS-REINFORCED HULL
PLUSH, COMFORTABLE SEATING
STRONGER, LIGHTER HULL DESIGN
STABILITY IN ROUGH WATER
CLASS-SHATTERING 300-HORSEPOWER ENGINE
- Four-lobe design offers significant performance increase over standard roots-type unit
- System force-feeds the engine two liters of air with every revolution, providing a stable supply of high-pressure intake air at all rpm
- Planetary gearing increases supercharger speed by a factor of 2 for better response
- Delivers compressed air continuously, not in waves, for smoother power delivery
- Produces large amounts of boost even at low rpm for instant and powerful acceleration right off of idle
- Provides a very flat and meaty torque curve with step-free power across the entire rev range without any of the lag associated with turbochargers
- Produces more low-rpm boost than competitive or aftermarket systems, with a maximum of 17 psi of boost pressure
- Two different air bypass valves are used to prevent over boosting at low and medium rpm