by Jon Crowley on 07/12/08 at 8:41 am
Not only will the 2009 Yamaha Rhino 700 FI get you almost anywhere, it’ll get you there with an amazingly high level of comfort and ease, thanks to its powerful engine. Ultramatic transmission and long-travel four-wheel independent suspension.
- Comfortable interior with automotive-type controls: steering wheel, left-side foot brake pedal/right-side foot accelerator pedal, center-mounted console shifter and parking brake lever, turn-to-start ignition switch, indicator lights, and 12-volt accessory outlet.
- 686cc liquid-/oil-cooled, four-stroke engine and light weight add up to an excellent power-to-weight ratio and great performance.
- Industry-exclusive fully automatic Ultramatic® transmission with dual-range (Hi/Lo) drive and reverse is the most advanced drive system available. Maintaining constant belt tension reduces wear, gives instant throttle response and provides industry-exclusive all-wheel downhill engine braking.
- Industry-exclusive three-position On-Command® In/Out 4WD feature lets you switch between 2WD, limited-slip 4WD and fully locked differential 4WD—all with the simple push of a button.
- Fully independent four-wheel suspension: Double wishbones front and rear deliver 7.3 inches of wheel travel and 12.1 inches of ground clearance; ?ve-way preload-adjustable shocks provide maximum tire contact and amazing comfort while navigating rough terrain.
- Thick bucket seats and that great long-travel suspension system work together to provide the smoothest ride in the industry.
- 686cc engine puts out plenty of broadband power. Four-valve head with 9.2:1 compression bumps power and efficiency.
- Electronic fuel injection ensures peak performance in nearly all conditions and elevations, along with instantaneous cold starts.
- Dual-range (Hi/Lo) drive with reverse taps into more pulling power in low and more performance in high.
- Console-mounted dual-range (H/L/N/R) shift lever.
- Sealed drive case keeps out water and debris, and a hand-operated side cover drain lets out what little gets in.
- Specially designed full stainless-steel exhaust system features aluminum heat shields and a screen-type spark arrestor for superb power characteristics with minimum noise output.
- Specially designed drive system air intake vent helps prevent overheating and keeps water and mud from entering the drive case.
- Steel frame is lightweight and features outstanding durability with superior rigidity for superb handling.
- Light, responsive rack-and-pinion steering features a fully sealed steering column and double U-jointed steering linkage for smooth operation and class-leading turning radius—even in 4WD.
- 12.1-inch ground clearance delivers maximum underbelly protection while enhancing terrainability.
- Low-maintenance front shaft drive features gear case and electronic servo-activated 2WD/4WD/Diff Lock via the On-Command® system. Direct rear shaft drive eliminates the U-joint for greater durability and more efficient power transfer at all rpm.
- Heavy-duty CV joint guards protect against rock and debris damage.
- Standard center-mounted, heavy-duty 2-inch receiver-style hitch can tow over 1,200 pounds.
- Tough, rotomolded doors keep mud, water and dirt on the trail where they belong.
- Stamped steel dump bed is rated to haul 400 pounds of gear, with a latch that opens from either side.
- Aggressive Maxxis® tires offer great traction, longer life and a comfortable ride.
- Equipped with two cup holders for even greater creature comfort.
- Digital instrument panel boasts multifunction LCD display with speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeters, hour meter, 4WD status, transmission position, clock and fuel gauge.
- Integrated, easy-to-read fuel gauge makes it easy to keep track of your fuel supply.
- Large, specially designed seats are extra plush and supportive for all-day driver and passenger comfort.
- Operator and passenger seat belts.
- Dual 30-watt multi-reflector Krypton bulb headlights with high/low beams feature stylishly sleek cat-eye design; dual 5-watt/21-watt tail/brake lights.
- Large, 7.9-gallon fuel tank for long rides.
- Maintenance-free battery provides power, even in cold weather.
- Underhood tool-free air filter is a snap to service.
- Cool, comfortable steering wheel and passenger grab handles.
- Built in Newnan, GA, USA.
2009 Yamaha Rhino 700 FI Automatic 4×4 Specifications:
|Type||686cc liquid-cooled w/fan, 4-stroke; SOHC, 4 valves|
|Bore x Stroke||102.0 x 84.0mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI) , 41mm|
|Ignition||32 Bit ECU|
|Transmission||Yamaha Ultramatic® V-belt with all-wheel engine braking/H, L, N, R|
|Engine Braking||All wheel|
|Drive Train||Yamaha On-Command® pushbutton;3-way locking differential; 2WD,4WD, locked 4WD; shaft drive|
|Suspension / Front||Independent double wishbone; 5-way preload adjustment, 7.3-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Independent double wishbone; 5-way preload adjustment, 7.3-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Dual hydraulic disc, twin piston|
|Brakes / Rear||Dual hydraulic disc|
|Tires / Front||AT25x8-12 NHS|
|Tires / Rear||AT25x10-12 NHS|
|L x W x H||113.6 x 54.4 x 73 in|
|Turning Radius||153.5 in|
|Ground Clearance||12.1 in|
|Fuel Capacity||7.9 gal|
|Wet Weight||1190 lb|
|Bed Capacity||400 lb|
|Towing Capacity||1212 lb|
|Instrumentation||Digital LCD Multifunction display; speedo, odo, dual trip, hour, clock, fuel, and gear position|
|Lighting||Dual 30W Krypton multi-reflector headlights & dual 21/5W brakelight|
|Warranty||6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)|
About Yamaha Motor Corp., U.S.A.
Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A., (YMUS), a leader in the motorsports market, makes the toughest, most capable and versatile ATV and Side-by-Side vehicles. The company’s ever-expanding product offerings also include motorcycles, outboard motors, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, outdoor power equipment, race kart engines, accessories, apparel and much more. YMUS products are sold through a nationwide network of dealers in the United States.
Headquartered in Cypress, Calif., since its incorporation in 1976, Yamaha also has facilities in Wisconsin and Georgia, as well as factory operations in Tennessee and Georgia. For more information on Yamaha, visit www.yamaha-motor.com.