by Jon Crowley on 06/12/07 at 8:33 pm
This groundbreaking off-road recreational side-by-side is like nothing else on the market—a new way to get way out there in style and comfort with a friend and your gear.
Comfortable interior with automotive-type controls: Steering wheel, left-side foot brake pedal/right-side foot accelerator pedal, center-mounted console shifter and parking brake lever, turn-to-start ignition switch, indicator lights and 12-volt accessory outlet render the Yamaha Rhino 450 totally user-friendly.
NEW FOR 2008:
- Tough, rotomolded doors keep mud, water and dirt on the trail where they belong.
- Comfortable new passenger grab handles.
- Super-reliable overhead-cam 421cc liquid-cooled engine produces abundant low-rev torque, fat midrange and serious top-end muscle.
- Dual-range (Hi/Lo) drive with reverse taps into more pulling power in low and more performance in high than any machine in its class.*
- Console-mounted dual-range (H/L/N/R) shift lever.
- 33mm Mikuni BSR carburetor and high-output DC-CDI ignition serve up great throttle response and excellent fuel efficiency.
- Sealed drive case keeps out water and debris, and a hand-operated side cover drain lets out what little gets in.
- Specially designed full stainless steel-exhaust system features aluminum heat shields and a screen-type spark arrestor for superb power characteristics with minimum noise output.
- Large-capacity aluminum radiator and oil cooler with fan-assist delivers maximum cooling efficiency and is positioned high in the frame for optimal protection.
- Specially designed drive system air intake vent prevents overheating and keeps water and mud from entering drive case.
- Easy-access, tool-free air filter box.
- CAD-designed steel frame is lightweight and features outstanding durability with superior rigidity for superb handling.
- Light, responsive rack-and-pinion steering features a fully sealed steering column and double U-jointed steering linkage for smooth operation and class-leading turning radius—even in 4WD.
- Large-diameter ventilated hydraulic front disc brakes and shaft-mounted hydraulic rear disc provide outstanding stopping power in a variety of conditions.
- 12.1-inch ground clearance delivers maximum underbelly protection while enhancing terrainability.
- Low-maintenance front shaft drive features gear case and electronic servo-activated 2WD/4WD/Diff lock via the On-Command system. Direct rear shaft drive eliminates the U-joint for greater durability and more efficient power transfer at all rpm.
- Heavy-duty CV joint guards protect against rock and debris damage.
- Stamped steel dump bed is rated to haul 400 pounds of gear. Center-mounted 2-inch receiver trailer hitch comes standard and can tow over 1,200 pounds.
- Large, specially designed seats are extra plush and supportive for all-day driver and passenger comfort.
- Operator and passenger seat belts.
- Dual 30-watt multireflector Krypton bulb headlights with high/low beams feature stylishly sleek cat-eye design; dual 5-watt/21-watt tail/brake lights.
- Large, 7.9-gallon fuel tank features a fuel level gauge.
- Large style headrests for good looks and comfort.
- Tough wrinkle-finish coating on the upper frame.
- Maintenance-free battery provides power, even in cold weather.
- Built in Newnan, GA, USA.
2008 Yamaha Rhino 450 4×4 Specifications:
Model: YXR45FXR; YXR45FXGR; YXR450FAPHD
- Type 421cc liquid-cooled w/fan, 4-stroke; SOHC, 4 valves
- Bore x Stroke 84.5 x 75mm
- Compression Ratio 10:1
- Carburetion Mikuni 33mm BSR
- Ignition DC–CDI
- Starting System Electric
- Transmission Yamaha Ultramatic® V-belt with all-wheel engine braking/H, L, N, R
- Drive Train Yamaha On-Command® pushbutton; 3-way locking differential; 2WD, 4WD, locked 4WD; shaft drive
- Suspension/Front Independent double wishbone; 5-way preload adjustment, 7.3-in travel
- Suspension/Rear Independent double wishbone; 5-way preload adjustment, 7.3-in travel
- Brakes/Front Dual hydraulic disc, twin piston
- Brakes/Rear Dual hydraulic disc
- Tires/Front AT25x8-12 NHS
- Tires/Rear AT25x10-12 NHS
- L x W x H 113.6 x 54.4 x 73 in
- Wheelbase 75.2”
- Turning Radius 153.5”
- Ground Clearance 12.1″
- Fuel Capacity 7.9 gal.
- Dry Weight 1,031 lb
- Bed Capacity 400 lb.
- Towing Capacity 1212 lb.
- Instrumentation Fuel sight gauge, 4WD Indicator lights (optional digital speedo/fuel)
- Lighting Dual 30W Krypton multireflector headlights & dual 21/5W brake light
- Color Red; Hunter Green; Realtree® AP HD™ Camouflage